Through homeownership, Habitat for Humanity Capital District (HfHCD) helps to develop and transform communities by building affordable and sustainable homes in partnership with lower-income families.
HfHCD is the local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. We serve Albany, Rensselaer and Southern Saratoga Counties. Habitat for Humanity’s 2,300+ affiliates have built or rehabilitated more than 800,000 homes around the world. Habitat for Humanity is the 10th largest homebuilder in the United States.
Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. By providing homeownership opportunities in partnership with lower-income households, Habitat is making safe, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Construction Site Superintendent
Reports to: Construction Site Manager
Location: Capital District, NY
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Compensation: Salary with Health Benefits
Eradicate poverty housing by working with construction management team in scheduling, implementing and communicating the plan of action for the attainment of the goals for the respective area of responsibility.
The Construction Site Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day building of Habitat for Humanity Capital District houses including but not limited to:
- Teach, direct and manage volunteers throughout the construction process.
- Manage and oversee volunteer schedule in cooperation with Volunteer Coordinator and Construction Manager.
- Ensure volunteers are participating and learning; move them on to other tasks as tasks are completed.
- Maintain assigned tools and building material.
- Attend regular department meetings.
- Manage deliverables/deadlines.
Essential job Qualifications
- This individual must understand and appreciate the mission of HFH. Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and possess a strong attention to detail. Must be able to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with all kinds of individuals; yet remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of all phases of residential construction, and the ability to read and follow blueprints. Must understand and abide by safety requirements when using equipment and tools, and must be able to determine the appropriate tools/equipment to use for the various construction tasks.
- Must possess the ability and patience to teach and work with a large number of unskilled workers in all facets of home construction. Timeliness, patience and dependability are critical for this position, as well as being a team player and quick-learner.
- Driver’s license and a vehicle to travel to and from work is a must.
- This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, requiring a workweek of Tuesday-Saturday
- Must be familiar with and should be moderately proficient in all aspects of home construction including floor systems, framing, siding, roofing and interior trim work.
- Highly motivated and energetic and display strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Responsible, diligent and organized.
Resumes accepted via email only to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity Capital District is an equal opportunity employer.