Through homeownership, Habitat for Humanity Capital District (HfHCD) helps to develop and transform communities by building affordable and sustainable homes in partnership with lower-income families.
HfHCD is the local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. We serve Albany, Rensselaer and Southern Saratoga Counties. Habitat for Humanity’s 2,300+ affiliates have built or rehabilitated more than 800,000 homes around the world. Habitat for Humanity is the 10th largest homebuilder in the United States.
Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. By providing homeownership opportunities in partnership with lower-income households, Habitat is making safe, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Intern: Habitat Restore
Reports to: Restore Manager
Location: Albany, NY
Hours: Part-time, 14 hours per week
Open Positions: 2
Compensation: This is not a paid position.
Eradicate poverty housing by working in our Restore in Albany. The Restore Intern will be working along side our staff to do community outreach, marketing and education, work with Restore customers and volunteers and go into the community for donation pick ups.
The Restore Intern is responsible for working with our staff on the following tasks (including but not limited to):
- Meeting with future Restore donors
- Educating the public about Restore
- Community outreach to bring in future donors and volunteers
- Communicating with customers in the store to meet their needs
- Going out into the community to pick up donations
- Working with volunteers and staff
Essential Internship Qualifications
- This individual must understand and appreciate the mission of HfH. Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and possess a strong passion to better their community. Must be able to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with all kinds of individuals; yet remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor.
- Must be eager to learn
- Must understand that working with volunteers requires flexibility and patience
- Must be able to lift between 50-100 lbs
- This position requires two days/week (must be between Tuesday-Friday), 9am-4pm
- Highly motivated and energetic and display strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Responsible, diligent and organized.
Habitat for Humanity Capital District is an equal opportunity employer.