Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Capital District.
Construction Crew Leader
(AmeriCorps National Service)
We are now recruiting for a Construction Crew Leader position, available through the AmeriCorps National Service program. Habitat AmeriCorps National members commit to 10.5 months of service in exchange for a minimal, bi-weekly living stipend and an education award, given upon the completion of service.
The AmeriCorps member would serve full-time (Tuesday-Saturday; 8a-4p), at our Albany construction sites, alongside our paid construction staff members. This is a direct service position and responsibilities include leading and assisting volunteer groups, individuals and future homeowners in new-home construction.
Member benefits include:
- The AmeriCorps National direct living allowance of $12,530
- Education award of $5,775
- Personal and sick leave
- Health care plan
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child care assistance (if eligible)
- The opportunity to attend the National Service Leadership Conference in Talledega, AL in October and the Habitat Build-a-Thon in May (location TBA)
We are seeking a member who:
- Possesses a sincere desire to serve others and is dedicated to Habitat’s mission
- Enjoys people and has a passion for volunteerism and teaching/group facilitation
- Has strong team building skills and is comfortable leading and/or being part of a team
*Prior experience with construction, including the use of power tools, desired but not required*
To apply visit: http://www.habitat.org/job/hfh-capital-district-national-construction-crew-leadership and click “Apply Now.”
Habitat for Humanity Capital District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer, partner family or applicant for a Habitat home on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical condition, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. Habitat for Humanity Capital District does not tolerate harassment for any reason. Respect for the dignity of others shall be the guiding principle for our relations with each other.