The work of Habitat for Humanity would not be possible without the generosity of our donors. You can make the dream of affordable homeownership a reality for more hardworking, lower-income families.
We take seriously our responsibility to contributors, and to those counting on our help, to be wise stewards of funds entrusted to us. Request our annual report or view our most recent CHAR500 and 990.
Habitat for Humanity is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Ways to Give
Donate by credit card through our secure online donation page.
Please make out your check to ” Habitat for Humanity Capital District” and send to:Habitat for Humanity Capital District 454 North Pearl St. Albany, NY 12204
Contact our Director of Development, Christine Hmiel, at (518) 462-2993 to donate by credit card or for more information about giving to HfHCD.
Donate your car-
Your vehicle donation will help Habitat for Humanity build homes in partnership with families in your community.
When you donate a car to Cars for Homes™, you will help your local Habitat for Humanity build and rehabilitate houses with families in need of affordable shelter.
The car donation process is quick and easy. You can donate online here or by calling 1-877-277-4344.
- Proceeds from the sale of your car help your local Habitat for Humanity build and renovate houses with families in need.
- You may receive a tax deduction if you itemize.
- Recycling your car saves energy and natural resources.
Leave a Legacy-
Your legacy reflects the meaning of your life. Choosing Habitat for Humanity Capital District (HfHCD) in your estate plans will leave a legacy for the entire community. We encourage you to consider a charitable contribution to HfHCD when you meet with your financial adviser to plan your estate.
- Wills and living trusts – You can name HfHCD as a beneficiary in your will and living trusts.
- Retirement plans – You also can name HfHCD as a beneficiary of your 401(k), IRA and other retirement plan assets.
- Life insurance policies – Naming HfHCD as owner or beneficiary of a life insurance policy can be an effective estate planning method.
- Charitable remainder trusts – These trusts provide income to you during your lifetime and to HfHCD on termination of the trust.
- Charitable lead trusts – These trusts provide income to HfHCD during the term of the trust and assets to your heirs on the trust’s termination.
- Real estate – You can transfer the deed of your home to HfHCD while keeping the right to live there for your lifetime.
We would like to sit down with you and discuss the best possible avenues of your legacy. Call (518) 462-2993 to schedule an appointment.