When you invest in Habitat, you invest in the community. Now, more than ever, we are counting on your partnership to help transform entire neighborhoods and provide safe, affordable homes for those in need. Because our homes are built primarily with volunteer labor, every dollar you generously give becomes two dollars of actual construction.
How it Works:
- Make a one-time donation
- Become a sustaining donor by pledging monthly gifts
- Donate building materials or in-kind professional services
- Donate your car to Cars for Homes™
- Make a legacy gift
- Sponsor a room, a house or entire neighborhood!
Ways to Give:
Give by credit card.
Support Habitat’s 2013 Appeal today by making a one-time gift or becoming a monthly sustaining donor through our secure online donation page.
Give by check.
Please direct your gift to:Habitat for Humanity Capital District 200 Henry Johnson Blvd, Suite 1 Albany, NY 12210
Or give us a call.
Contact our Development office at (518) 462-2993 to give by credit card or for more information about giving to HfHCD.
Donate your car.
Do you have a car, truck, motorcycle, motor home or boat on a trailer taking up valuable space in your driveway? Your vehicle donation will help Habitat for Humanity build homes in partnership with families in your community.
It is quick and easy to donate cars, trucks, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, construction equipment and other vehicles ~ running or not!
- Proceeds from the sale of your car help your local Habitat for Humanity build and renovate houses with families in need.
- You may receive a tax deduction if you itemize. (Consult your tax advisor or the IRS for details.)
- Recycling your car saves energy and natural resources.
For more information about Cars for Homes™, Habitat’s official car donation program, visit carsforhomes.org.
To donate a car, truck, boat or RV to Cars for Homes™, call (877) 277-4344 toll free or donate online:
Leave a legacy.
Your legacy reflects the meaning of your life. Choosing Habitat for Humanity Capital District (HfHCD) in your estate plans will leave a legacy for the entire community. We encourage you to consider a charitable contribution to HfHCD when you meet with your financial adviser to plan your estate.
It takes a special kind of person to make plans for the benefit of unknown people in the unknowable future, and the Habitat for Humanity Legacy Society was designed to recognize these forward-thinking friends. We are always delighted to welcome new members to this exclusive group, and there are only two requirements for membership. First, make arrangements to benefit Habitat for Humanity Capital District beyond your lifetime. These arrangements might include a bequest in your will, or a plan that provides life income and income tax benefits, like a Charitable Gift Annuity. Second, let us know about your plans. It is not necessary to specify a dollar value for these plans, but having some idea of the details allows us to plan for the future and is appreciated.
- Wills and living trusts – You can name HfHCD as a beneficiary in your will and living trusts.
- Retirement plans – You also can name HfHCD as a beneficiary of your 401(k), IRA and other retirement plan assets.
- Life insurance policies – Naming HfHCD as owner or beneficiary of a life insurance policy can be an effective estate planning method.
- Charitable remainder trusts – These trusts provide income to you during your lifetime and to HfHCD on termination of the trust.
- Charitable lead trusts – These trusts provide income to HfHCD during the term of the trust and assets to your heirs on the trust’s termination.
- Real estate – You can transfer the deed of your home to HfHCD while keeping the right to live there for your lifetime.
While it is not possible for Habitat for Humanity to provide tax or legal advice, we do have access to the Planned Giving experts who can provide information and we will be happy to help you sort through your options in preparation for a visit to your professional advisors.
For more information, call our Development office at (518) 462-2993.