House sponsorship is a wonderful way for your business, school or faith group to co-brand with Habitat for Humanity and partner to build homes and hope in our community.
Habitat has never been better positioned to bring about real, lasting positive change in our community. We are at a turning point. Take a walk through our region’s blighted neighborhoods. If you see what we see and if you feel what we feel, then join us in restoring our cities to the level of vibrancy and health we all deserve.
Because our homes are built primarily with volunteer labor, Habitat stretches every dollar you generously give into two dollars of actual construction. No one else can make that claim.
Sponsor a Home
Your sponsorship will go directly towards the construction of a simple, sustainable and affordable home in one of our exciting projects in the Capital Region.
For every full home sponsor, Habitat will:
- Select and support the homeowner families who will build with your employees
- Provide skilled construction supervision, training and support of your volunteers
- Recognize and publicize home sponsors (based on level of funding)
- Provide additional volunteers as needed
Benefits of home sponsorship include the following:
- Priority build day scheduling
- Build site signage
- Participation in the build kickoff and/or home dedication ceremony together with the homeowner family
- A plaque commemorating your involvement
- Marketing and co-branding opportunities
- Prominent recognition in Habitat print and online communications
In addition to these benefits, Habitat also offers meaningful sponsor recognition tailored for each group.
We know that you, your family, or your organization will be enriched by the experience of supporting a hardworking lower-income family in the construction of a new home. Join local companies and philanthropists to make a meaningful impact on the community we all share. Click here to learn about our current sponsors and partners.
Did you know?
Your initial home sponsorship investment gets “recycled” to keep building future Habitat homes!
After volunteers and the future homeowners work side-by-side to build the home, Habitat sells the home to a pre-qualified family with a 0%-interest mortgage. Because Habitat acts as the lender, 100% of the mortgage principal payments return to Habitat to help build more homes.
For more information on sponsoring a home in our community, please contact:
Christine Schudde, Director of Development
(518) 462-2993 x104