Reasons to Give
Every gift makes a difference. Every dollar helps Habitat build homes, community and hope here in the Capital District. Here are some of the reasons we think a gift to Habitat is a wise investment.
Your tax-deductible charitable donation will make a lasting impact on the lives of local families in need of good housing. Because we reinvest all of our home sales back into our homebuilding program, each gift you make becomes an ongoing legacy of support. The homes that Habitat builds are affordable and sustainable, meaning that they provide Habitat homeowners with stability and savings far into the future.
An Organization You Can Trust
At Habitat for Humanity Capital District, we accept every donation with humble gratitude and make every effort to use donor dollars wisely with a strong sense of fiscal responsibility. We strive to use contributions efficiently and effectively, investing the vast majority of donor dollars (90%) into our homebuilding and programs. Habitat for Humanity Capital District is a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business and a GuideStar Exchange Silver Level Participant, which is awarded in recognition of our commitment to accountability and transparency.
Awards & Recognition
- 2016 Top 10 Home Builder in Capital Region, Albany Business Review
- 2015 Top 10 Home Builder in Capital Region, Albany Business Review
- 2014 Batman & Robin ABLE Award, Habitat for Humanity New York State
- 2014 Community Action Honoree, Commission on Economic Opportunity
- 2014 Guidestar Exchange Silver Level, Guidestar Exchange
- 2013 Clarence Jordan Award Finalist, Habitat for Humanity International
- 2013 Silver level LEED Certification for “Morton’s Walk”, Green Builders Association
- 2013 Joe Belew Award, Consumer Bankers Association
- 2012 Community Partner of the Year, Habitat for Humanity New York State
- 2011 Non-Profit of the Year, Albany Business Review
See your Gift in Action
In the video below, you will meet Ugo, Angelina & Chi chi Ufomba, proud new Habitat homeowners right here in the Capital District. Journey with them as an immigrant from Nigeria, his Army veteran wife and their beautiful daughter become first-time homeowners.