AmeriCorps National Service Member - Construction Crew Leader
We are currently recruiting for two AmeriCorps National Service Construction Crew Leader positions for an August 2018 start date. Please note that these are AmeriCorps service year positions, not employment with Habitat.
Help strengthen communities through a year of service with Habitat AmeriCorps. You can get paid to serve full-time helping families build strong and stable homes, all while gaining real-world experience. As a Construction Crew Leader, you are integral to our goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with hands on construction tasks including, but not limited to, site prep, framing, roofing, finish carpentry, landscaping and clean up. Additionally, you will lead small groups of volunteers, providing them with on-site orientations and safety talks and ensuring that they are well-employed while on work sites. On occasion, you may participate in larger community projects or affiliate events. Please Note: while construction experience is helpful, it is not required.
Benefits of Service:
- AmeriCorps National living allowance of $13,732 (paid over the full 46.5 weeks of full-time service)
- Segal Education Award of $5,920 (upon successful completion of service)
- Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- 10 personal/sick leave days
- Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
Habitat for Humanity Capital District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer, or applicant for a Habitat home on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical condition, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for all.